BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

Special new passives.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

Special new passives. Empty
PostSubject: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 am

BTO Weretiger - While in Weretigah form your next melee will ignore the opponents defense. Cool Down 8 seconds. (Meaning after 15 seconds your next melee will ignore the opponents defense)

BTO Lizard Mn - When taking damage based on how much damage you would have taken the damage is decreased. So the stronger the attack the less damage you take. Damage reduced for every 100 points of damage you would have taken by 15%.

Example.
I get hit with a magic skill that would normally deal 750 damage. So there are 7, 100s. Meaning damage is reduced by 105%. 105% of 750 = 735 so we take 0 damage Wink.

JK JK JK. It will have a max of 60% so we would take 60% less than the damage which is 300 we would take 300 dmg kk that way the more damage you did the more damage we would take just less than what others would take... 60% less.

Re-equip - When you deal damage to a certain user your armor will instantaneously change to give you an advantage.

Example- I am fighting someone with fire resistance. when they take damage my armor instantly changes to armor that deals extra damage to say people with fire resistance, and when they hit me my armor instantly changes to take less damage from fire resistant people (aka armor that reduces damage from fire types).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 am

that requip thing has a few holes in it:

1. this would severely make Requip OP if you knew how to cheat this system(which wouldnt be hard if you had a lot of armors and weapons)
2. Requip already changes equipment much faster then equipping items normally, through its own requip list, making it already have this advantage.
3. Requip will already gain bonuses for using sets of the same type
4. this would be more strategy then anything anyway, considering that youd have a weapon that deals extra damage to fire res, and armor that reduces fire damage(which i would after an attack from this guy anyway)

also, this raises a funny image of people explosively rapidly changing weapons and armor while fighting because they both have requip, which coooouldnt be aaaaaaaany possibility, i mean its not like eeeeeeeeeveryone relogs huuundreds of times to get the magic they want(i hope the sarcasm is apparent enough for you)

actually, considering that, one hit between two requippers would probably cause an endless loop of weapon that does more damage against an armor that reduces that damage, if they both had a lot of sets, which would probably crash the game instantly :/
-----------------
also, while weretigers is ok, id like a little adjustment on it

Weretiger: (btw, im just doing some calculations in my head....every 15 seconds or so, with a punch c/d of 4 seconds max....thatd be every 5th hit or so....increasing everytime your speed went up, especially with weretiger....)i'd prefer a static amount of time on this, say every so many punches, and if your going to ignore opponent defenses, i'd say every ten hits with a melee attack would ignore their defense. I'd also add to this a sort of 'speed drain' making the weretiger a bit faster each time they're 'super hit' landed. maxing out at a speed bonus total(including base weretiger bonus) of 4x. This would reset every time you transformed back
---------------------------------
now while weretiger sounds ok, heres a giant thing about my opinions on the lizardman's thing

Lizardman: while i enjoy a good joke, in all seriousness 105% of 750 is about 788, and 60% is 450. also at 60% thatd be a little less then 500 itd max out. now, thatd mean at max, youd still be taking 200 damage per hit, and this probably would be after all your resistances and defenses had a chance, so if 200 still manages to hit you, you might not be in that good of shape afterwards.

lets say, for example, I have 100 all stats(in this case im the guy with lizardman) my hp is around 1100, someone hits me with a punch, my defenses reduce that amount by about 20 to 500, then my lizardman buff reduces it further by 60% to a whole 200. then lets say that person punching me activates weretiger, punches for double damage, and that first hit shatters my defenses, and i only have time to reduce it by 60%, and 60% of 1040 means i go down 416 more health. that means in two hits, ive taken 616 damage from this guy, leaving me with about 484 left. This other guy in the example has a strength and luck of about 5000 to give him that kind of damage.

now besides the fact that the other gentleman in that example has played this game too much, what did we learn? not a damn thing. except i did just tell you that this system would make you survive for a bit longer against people with absolutely no life....although, in about one more hit, youd be vaporized, so it wouldnt matter.

lets do a bit more realistic example, say both players have 100 stats, ones using weretiger, the other is using lizardman. weretiger's first punch is about 40(with doubling buff from weretiger), this would translate to about 20 damage, not even enough to register against this 15% rule. while 20 damage doesnt sound like much, itd be better then the 0 the lizardman would probably be doing.

again, whatd we learn? that my damage system makes everyone suck ass anyway, thats what. Now, sure i could rewrite the code so that more and more damage is done, but thats not the point(trust me, its not).

id rather say this would be better off in a land where the defense didnt count as much as the attack, or the attacks did far more damage.

now, thats where we hit a wall, because then you have the people who are like ET and be like 'raise the damage', and then you have everyone else whos like 'fux that, keep it like it is', and then you got other people who might also be like ET and be like 'No, raise the Defenses even more'

which would leave me with about three options concerning this:
1. Raise attack damage on everything
2. do nothing
3. raise defenses(this includes this buff)

if i did one, chances are im doing 3, and vice verse, so really its a pointless argument. chances are if you and your sparring partner are both at 100, your not doing shit to each other.
and even more chances are that if i were to change this buff to say, 15% off of the damage total, raising another 15% for every hundred damage after the first, maxing out at 60% that id give buffs like weretiger some attack buff similar to that effect, to make things fair.

eventually, everything would spiral out, and id go back to basics, saying screw you to everyone anyway.

and thats pretty much that on that....
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Okay how about this.

Lizard man - Every time you take damage your defense is increased by 5% max being 200%. This buff lasts a total of 15 seconds but when you do take damage the time resets back to the 15 seconds. When you reach 100% defense buff the opponents starts to take back 50% of the damage they deal, and when you reach 200% your attack is increased by 200%. That way lizard man can become a tank, and a power hiter with time.

BTO WereTigah Super Slash Passive- This passive is simple everytime you punch a target in weretigah form it changes from a punch to a slash which causes bleeding effect. the bleeding effect takes 3% of the opponents max HP every second for 1.5 seconds. every time you hit them after the first stack is placed the stack damage increases by 1% max is 5%, and the time is increased by 1.5 seconds max being 6 seconds. Every time you hit them the time is reset to its new max but when it reaches the 6 seconds it will no longer reset the time, and when it reach 0 seconds then the damage stack is reset and you will have to hit the opponent again to put the stack back on. But before you can put the stack back on you have to wait 10 seconds because of its cool down.

Example

First hit - 3% every second for 1.5 seconds

Second Hit - 4% every second for 3 seconds

Third hit - 5% every second for 4.5 seconds

fourth hit - 5% every second for 6 seconds

It counts down from 6 to zero the opponent taking 5% of their maximum hp every second. meaning 30% of their max hp is taken away by this effect.

then the weretigah user have to wait 10 seconds to be able to put the stack back on the opponent, and when they do it is reset to first hit.

You may want to tweak those numbers, because to me that seems extremely op. Or you can just make it so that when the opponent is at 50% hp or lower punch is no longer changed to slash.

BTO Iron Bull - Metals are extremely good conductors of heat, and can gain sharp edges when water freezes on it right?

While you get hit by a fire attack your arm absorbs most of the heat lowering the damage by 10%, and your iron hand heats up it can only happen 5 times before it burns out, and you start taking constant damage from the burn. BUT during the burn out stage every time you punch someone they take burn damage as well which is equal to 20 damage every second, and lasts for 15 seconds. You also take 20 damage every second for 15 seconds when you burn out.

When hit by a ice/frost attack your hand slowly freezes it will take 10 hits for the sharp edges to form when they do(Your hand now turns blue) its called frost bite form and every time you punch someone they are inflicted with bleed that deals 10 damage every second for 25 seconds
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:19 pm

while i skimmed through weretiger, i kind of like lizardman, it definitely would make it interesting.

Iron Bull sounds ok, but with one tweak: Iron is a good conductoir of heat, and can take freezing fairly ok, but freezing would slow your punches anyway(i dont care if your arm is metal, thats the point, its METAL, it would be by definition harder to move, because its frozen). Iron also is a good conductor of electricity. so, it would act like a lightning rod to spells nearby, the unfortunate thing is the lightning would then hurt you, because its freaking lightning created by magic.

now, reading through weretiger, this although sounds ok, would, stacking upon the already okay 'defense penetration' i mentioned upon tweaking, considering every ten seconds theyd be able to redo this bleed effect, up to 5%/second, and every tenth hit or so adding damage that goes through the opponents defenses, itd make them a bit, op, if both of these buffs were added the individual users would get one or the other buff, not both(which wouldnt be a bad idea to mix up trans buffs....)

i think you might of started a bad thing et....
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Very Happy Thats good right??? Right? >Smile?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:37 am

no, no its not
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:27 pm

so....heres what im going to be doing

BTO Passive Option 1: Beast Soul: This Passive would do two things, one itd remove the visibility Figure Eyes has against Human Souls, because your soul isnt human. second, itd make all your bto trans have a base melee bonus of x1.2, this would stack as long as you have spells to stack.

Option 2: Beast Fangs: this would allow your Beastial damage to be more effective, granting special damage bonuses to each trans

Weretiger Passive: Tiger Fury: this would be the 'defense piercing passive' discussed earlier

Lizardman: Roughskin: this would damage anyone using melee against them, and also help their defenses through a method similiar to that described above.

Lizardman 2: Natural Regeneration: this would be a sort of 'on-off' passive that would allow you to heal 10% of your health or so.

New BTO spells:

while i am adding some more spells, im not going to tell you what ones or what they do just yet Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost of ET
Admin
Ghost of ET

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:25 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special new passives.   Special new passives. Empty

Back to top Go down

Special new passives.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BYOND Fairy Tail :: Game news & other game things :: Suggestions and Bug Reports-
Jump to: