BYOND Fairy Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYOND Fairy Tail

For the BYOND(Build Your Own Net Dream) game Fairy Tail by Ryan Hemsley

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Make Sure to Check Staff Things for New updates pertaining information on being a member of the FT team~Mech

[Updated!] Random bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demulidor

Demulidor

[Updated!] Random bugs  Empty
PostSubject: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:36 pm

First things first, english is not my main language so i apologize in advance for any grammar errors.

Here are some bugs i've found:

==================================Not fixed Bugs====================================

Unfixed:

=====================================FIXED=======================================

Fixed:

================================================================================

Magics you can't recover [WIP]:

This is all i know for now, hope it helps.

Last edited by Demulidor on Fri May 01, 2015 7:03 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm

1. still working on this, its more or less trial and error at this point, since I can only do so much by myself

2. this list mostly seems to contain 'first' spells, ill look into the spell loss, and try to fix it(shouldn't be hard with the load proc.

3. actually this is part of the code, every time you cast a spell, you have a chance to gain willpower(or should), or strength, if its a melee spell.(again, should). anytime you gain in a stat, you should also gain some experience, I think.(again, I think, idr)

4. idk, ill look into fixing spawn a bit more.(probably with some movement modifications)

5. I forgot this, thank you.

6. idk whats going on with that, still fixing.

7. no clue

8. same as 6.
Back to top Go down
https://byondfairytail.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:04 pm

ok, I pretty much fixed any 'fake mob' instances by deleting any mob that has been logged in that don't have a client, every time the game repops, this might make a tad bit of lag, but ill check

I also fixed any problems that are caused by busy+=1 and busy-=1, so in theory nothing should make you permanently busy.

i haven't fixed movement or exact details of spell vaporization, but I have to focus my energy sometimes to get anything done
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:04 pm

ok, I pretty much fixed any 'fake mob' instances by deleting any mob that has been logged in that don't have a client, every time the game repops, this might make a tad bit of lag, but ill check

I also fixed any problems that are caused by busy+=1 and busy-=1, so in theory nothing should make you permanently busy.

i haven't fixed movement or exact details of spell vaporization, but I have to focus my energy sometimes to get anything done
Back to top Go down
Demulidor

Demulidor

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:51 am

Okay, thanks for the information. Post updated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 pm

1- any bugs with new people logging in and staying in the ft pic is one I still have no clue how to fix

2- Im working on this as of the moment

3- still fixing some things, so if you notice any particular ones, please note them, as it helps me identify the problem

4- fixing movement, It should fix most of it, however, more fixes for spawn area will come as I get to code them

5- that's because it wasn't, I still didn't get to this

6- spell vaporization doesn't like me

7- yeah, still no idea, if this happens I would apprecieate a rundown(ex: what spell was us, what they did, like if they moved right after casting it, ect.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 pm

checked rainbow fire, this is what popped up:

Fire Magic makes use , to conjure, manipulate, and control for various purposes. Can change the properties, such as its form. The color can also change, also work in a similar fashion to explosives
You Learned the Rainbow Fire Spell Yellow Fire Ball. This Smelly Version of Fire Ball cannot be eaten by people who are normally immune to fire spells.

This seems pretty static in telling you that you got rainbow fire.

The exact reason it doesn't tell you anything about rainbow fire specifically is mostly because its a variation of Fire magic, each of the 6(soon to be 7) color variations having a different effect.

Red: Burn effect
Yellow: Inedibility
Blue: Slow effect
Purple: Burn and Bind effect
Green: Slow effect and Inedibility
Orange: Burn effect and Inedibility

now, on the other hand, I still have yet to add many spell descriptions, so ill probably add a little description to rainbow fire, and its many spells
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:02 pm

ok, well im working on a fix for the verb loss, its a long process and involves completion of the Spell gain proc, so its going to take me twice as long.

Im going to put in a small loop for the character creation so that it wont cause you to stay in the ft pic

and in this next update, im fixing movement so its no longer partial square, but therell be a delay

also, next update will have the variation from rainbow fire put into the magic gain systems, as well as a bit better descriptioning for that

I also thought I should note that you will not be able to learn all of the rainbow fire spells, but ill tell you guys more about that late Wink
Back to top Go down
Demulidor

Demulidor

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:32 am

I'm back. Didn't have that much time to test things these days, i did look onto some of them. Updating First post.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:10 pm

yeah, im still working on some of this stuff, im going to post an update as soon as possible that should fix one or more of these.

1- Fixing in next update

2- yknow, better idea, ill just check the procs for all the codes myself, see if they are raising stats or not, it shouldn't be that hard, since ill just check one of each verb type, instead of going through every single verb(since that's how I have it coded, if I recall...)

3- ill look more into my spell vaporization, see what might be causing this.

4- yeah, again, not much I can look into this about.
PS: yeah, ik how the feeling is, in one movement you can break and fix a thousand things without thinking about it.

5- hmm, ill look more into this, actually, I have no clue why itd be doing that with full body transformations like WereTiger, since it should only change the base icons file. I wouldn't doubt theres some figuring I did wrong in the code that accidentally just adds it as an overlay. this should only be a major issue when using partial transformations, but ill probably try and fix that.

ill see if I cant update today, but, its hard to do when i have little energy after work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:47 pm

ok, now, I did the smart thing, and checked all verb types, and made sure that all spell types allow for gaining of stats. basically this is how it works:

whenever you use a spell, you have a chance to gain a level(or even two) in any stat that modifies that spell type(mostly willpower, or endurance, strength and agility).

Now, Ill let you in on a secret: when you do have this chance, this is whats going on in the background. basically every time you would cast a spell, or use a melee combat ability it generates a variable, this variable is 10*round(stat/10), then generates a random number between 1 and this variable, why is this important? its not really, its mostly there to confuse you, and increase every time you get to the next 10. but what number does it pick? well, im glad you asked, it actually picks a number that is half of the defined variable, rounded down.

so, lets say my willpower is....25, so when you use a spell, a random number is generated between 1 and 20, looking for 10, only if it lands on 10 do you gain in that stat.

now, how can you tell if your gaining in a stat?

well, actually that's been in since day 1. anytime you gain a stat level, you first have a 1/5 chance to gain a second level in that stat, it then gains a number between 1 and 4 plus your luck/10, rounded down, times any xp modifier you have.(default is 1, spar arena makes that 1.2, incase you were curious), and then it tells you something. This is done in that little box in the left hand corner of the hud, where battle text, and login information occurs.

Guide to the stat gained:

You feel Stronger: Strength
You feel Faster: Agility
You feel a stirring in your Magic Container: Willpower
You feel more Durable: Endurance
You feel more Lively: Vitality
You feel Smarter: Intelligence
You feel Luckier: Luck

seeing any of the above messages in the mentioned box means you gained a level in the above mentioned stat.
--------------------------------------------
anyway as mentioned im fixing that first bug listed in this next update, most of the work is still in spell gains, but im working on it.

as far as 3 and 4, its mostly just 'im trying to check this crap'

and *BAH-DU-DAH*, as far as 5, I found out most of the holes in that code, and ill be fixing it soon. actually, weirdly enough, it should have deleted all clothing when transforming, but I don't really want that either, ill work on exactly how I want it.

oh, and this verb restoration proc I have in is great because I can kind of code Possession Magic so that when you Possess someone, there is a chance(haven't decided yet) that you leave the knowledge of a variable number of your own spells in the other person. haven't exactly decided how im going to do this with players...

which reminds me, ill decide what spells you will be able to gain when you have the starting passive Possessed.

*random insanity spasm* and, ok, back to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Updated!] Random bugs    [Updated!] Random bugs  Empty

Back to top Go down

[Updated!] Random bugs
Page 1 of 1